Saturday, February 18, 2006

Time and Space and thoughts...

I've been quiet for a little while.... Things have been quiet.
But my question and thought is this: what is loyalty, what is honesty and what is blunt and raw discussion.
These are things that as a choreographer I should be exploring anyway, right? These are things that as a person, I need to understand about myself and know when to demand them of the people around me.

It is time to be back in rehearsal - the ideas are zooming around, and the elephant piece is getting bigger - excuse the punish-ness...But it really is - the notion of having something in the room that is so much larger then you - almost too big to know how to talk about it....or even how you would talk about it if you tried...that is a challenge...
I think my original thought of needing to practically peel it to understand it is a good place to start.
I'll let you know what I come up with -
Good thing I'm applying to fellowships and studio residencies -- this is going to take some effort!

No comments: