Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ever Random

An old woman was standing near the ambulance
the old man was in the gurney, pale.
My hand reached into my pocket and hit "2" ("1" is voicemail)
Out of love, and worry.
And because people should get old. And get that way together, as couples in whatever configuration or as a community...but get old...see life... as much of it as possible....
Not hidden in a cave of pre-made images and self doubt...that's not life.
That's a slow __________
I know not everyone gets that, parents, siblings, friends...I know. And I'm not even saying that I am that other person for you...(I even said as much) But if you have life...
If you have it in you.... then hold on to it and see it...look it in the face and lick it damn it.
Or whatever you want to do to it. Personal preference over-rides....

Time to get back into rehearsal.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

It's weird, isn't it, how our emotions can suddenly ambush us, triggered by the oddest, most unexpected things.

I agree, we must jump into life, no matter how safe or appealing hiding might feel. But it's a lesson I must constantly relearn.