Thursday, July 02, 2009

Emptying the Works

Right now seems to be about dreams becoming real and hopes taking shape.
Kinesis Project now has a studio to work out of - it may be temporary - 6 months or so - but it may not be - it could last quite a while.
So, with a hopeful glance towards options of income and a forward thrust into ideas that have been dormant for a year - we keep going into the beginnings.

Zoe and Madeline have been joined by new blood, Rebbecca, as of yesterday -
I am asking them to explore ideas of empty spaces, last minute decisions and escape routes
Not to mention my request for a "lovely" phrase - that threw 'em!

Just to explain a hair.... its not usual for my dances to have bouree or steps that could get threaded into a respectable petite allegro phrase....

I find that for right now I am using them as tools to thread the unbelievable state of lovely that popular magazines might have a bride strive for.....while mixing it in with some things that I consider lovely: strength, determination and freedom.

One thing I am sure of...I can't seem to make a dance lacking humor -

So even though there is much loss getting explored in this work - there is also the hilarity of the actions of not letting go, or a last minute decision to run for the border...

All respectable choices in the right situation....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Humor in dances is most appreciated. Very exciting stuff! Can't wait.

Unknown said...

Yes - especially in dances that might really get to some hearts...

with such a possibly heavy topic I prefer to not hit people over the heads with pain :-)