Saturday, December 26, 2009

Continuum

I am focused on moments between things.
Actions, people, thoughts, words...all of it....
I jokingly called it an obsession this evening - but I'm realizing that (maybe) I am not joking.

I make dances to explore moments. And to have the freedom to dive as deep into a moment in time between people, experiences or decisions of enormous weight to find out why we do it (or don't do it.)

Generally it is a 50/50 chance that a reason or exploration will unearth things hilariously funny vs. something heartbreaking.

Something you should know:
Pressing Empty is a wild combination of:
- the sense of empty that exists when someone unexpectedly disappears from your life.
- the state of empty that occurs right before, or right after, a decision is made.
.....and
the warning my dad always gave me about driving on fumes.
thus, the name: Pressing Empty.

The tagline?
........decisions, panic & lots and lots of tulle.

No comments: