Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random Facts of a Personal Nature

I believe there is freedom in stability. I'm still practicing.

I am a trustworthy individual with voracious and inconsistant appetites.

My sense of self image is as changeable and variant as a cocaine addled druggie's moods.

I have loyal crushes.
My first one was on a boy that started in First Grade, I stayed crushed until Sixth Grade.
Don't expect my affection to fade.

I love metaphysical and emotional poetry...
I usually hate poetry about nature.
(there is no link because it is so judgemental and general a statement.)

I believe Mary Oliver expresses my wishes perfectly at the end of "When Death Comes":

When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was a bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it's over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.

photo by Tom Grenon....

4 comments:

Jeff said...

You'll always get me with Rilke.

That Sexton's okay too, I guess. ;)

Unknown said...

;-)
Could read them both for hours...

Dame Wendy said...

Lovely, thought-provoking post.

...Must hang out again soon. :)

Unknown said...

thank you! I would love that Wendy -
in the middle of podcast 17 now....
I completely agree about Harry Potter....